+90 212 292 60 00
The priority of Tugce is fighting against infringing/counterfeiting activities and protecting the client's IP rights in Turkey online and onsite.
Combating against infringing/counterfeiting activities in Turkey
Tugce Guven is a specialized IP lawyer who represents local and international clients in trademark, design, copyright, and unfair competition disputes before Turkish courts. Her background in Deris starts in the year 2013. She is involved in conducting anti-counterfeiting projects including protection of IP rights before the Customs (including customs recordal, customs seizures, customs training), fighting against infringing activities online and at the market (including collecting evidence at the market, conducting simultaneous police raids, organizing the evidential actions). She is also well experienced in handling anti-generic projects concerning the well-known international brands. She is also carrying out the complex litigation files in the name of clients’ portfolio.
- Receiving a Rising Star Award from Managing IP 2022.
- Participating in Meet the Sponsor Day on 2021 AIPPI World Congress as a speaker on Anticounterfeiting in Turkey.
- Speaker on the policy dialogue on anti-counterfeiting in collaboration with INTA and Turkish Patent and Trademark Office at Caglayan Courthouse in Istanbul.
- Attending physical customs trainings as a trainer since 2016 and also attending the first online customs training.
- Key contact conducting internal investigation for fighting against counterfeiting activities at Turkish market.
- Deris attended the customs training in Edirne on December 15, 2022 on behalf of the clients.
- WTR-Anti-Counterfeiting Guide Turkey Chapter 2021-2022
- Expedited Trial Procedure in Turkey
- Appellate Court renders an important decision in relation to jurisdiction rules in jointly filed invalidity and infringement actions
- Seizure of the goods before Tasis
- Deris Holds the First Online Customs Training in Turkey (June 2020)
- Severe Measures Against Counterfeits Related to Covid-19 Outbreak
- Customs Training in Turkey (December 2019)
- Search and seizure warrant in criminal proceedings- ILO
Sainte Pulchérie French High School
Bahçeşehir University, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
Bilgi University, Law of Economics, LL.M. -Project: "Evaluation on the criteria of "legitimate interest" mentioned in Turkish Personal Data Protection Law no. 6698 and comparison of the implementation in EU"
Languages: Turkish, English
- MIP- IP STARS Rising Star 22’
- INTA ACC Eastern Europe & Central Asia Subcommittee Member (2022-2023)
- Istanbul Bar Association since 2014
- Turkish National Group of AIPPI
Deriş Patent Building Kabataş, İstanbul
+90 212 252 6122