+90 212 292 60 00
Bilge advises and represents clients especially on the establishment and protection of trademark rights
Experienced IP attorney
Bilge is an experienced trademark attorney who counsels and represents market leading companies for the registration and protection of intellectual property rights, especially for trademark and design matters and domain names. A fluent French and English speaker; Bilge is managing trademark portfolios of many international companies including the world's leading luxury, and life sciences companies and handles portfolios of well-known entertainment brands as well, from registration to enforcement. She has an in-depth experience in these industries, and the regulatory issues in these fields. She has been recognized for her experience and expertise in filing, opposition, and protection strategies especially for “content-based trademarks” (trademarks based on copyrighted characters). She developed strategies to obtain trademark registration for allusive/suggestive trademarks, handled several cases where the trademark registration is obtained based on the acquired distinctiveness. She is frequently active in Study Questions of AIPPI since 2014 (including Exhaustion Issues In Copyright Law, Protection of Graphical User Interfaces, Consumer Survey Evidence, Industrial Designs and The Role of Prior Art, Moral Rights in 2022), was the leader of Turkish national group in 2019 and 2021.
- She is counseling the clients in establishing the trademark filing and protection strategy, including the domain names and disputes before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office.
- She developed strategies to obtain trademark registration for allusive/suggestive trademarks, handled several cases where the trademark registration is obtained based on the acquired distinctiveness.
- She also handled multiple oppositions based on copyright and/or other non-registered rights (prior use, notoriety, tradename…etc) and bad faith. She has been recognized for her experience especially for “content-based trademarks” (trademarks based on copyrighted characters).
- Non-use, as a counterclaim, International Law Office
- Re-filing of trademark subject to a cancellation action cannot be deemed as good faith, Mondaq
- Notes on “Q278 - Industrial Designs and The Role of Prior Art”, Fikri Gündem (Journal of Turkish National Group of AIPPI
Galatasaray University, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
Languages: Turkish, English, French
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Board Member of Turkish National Group of AIPPI · Observer on Trademarks Committee of AIPPI
- Chartered Trademark Attorney, Turkish Patent and Trademark Office (T.P.T.O.)
- Chartered Patent Attorney, Turkish Patent and Trademark Office (T.P.T.O.)
Deriş Patent Building Kabataş, İstanbul
+90 212 252 6122